31 years ago today, on the 22nd of June 1981, Mark David Chapman admitted to the murder of Beatles singer John Lennon.
Mark Chapman, whilst growing up, had battled with drugs. He wasn’t very good at sport and his father beat his mother. After winning his battle over heroin and LSD, he suddenly decided to be a born again christian and helped out at the YMCA.
Mark took a holiday in Hawaii and set up a plan to murder John Lennon. During this time he became obsessed with the Catcher in the Rye, and so he went to New York. He waited outside of the Dakota Building, where John and his wife Yoko Ono lived.
The first time John and Yoko came out of the building, Mark missed them. But waited until they came back. When they eventually returned, Mark asked John to sign his new album “Double Fantasy”… This was captured on camera by a photographer at the time.
Then it happened; at 10:49pm on the 8th of December 1980, Mark Chapman fired five shots from a revolver at John Lennon. Four hit him and he was pronounced dead at 11.07pm.
Mark Chapman is still alive today and is currently living in the Wende Correctional Facility. Because of how influential and shocking the murder was, people believe Mark Chapman will never be released. He has currently been denied parole six times.
- fightingforhappinesssince94 reblogged this from dbdebbayd
- dbdebbayd reblogged this from edmundemilkemper
- meganwahlberg likes this
- khounstipated likes this
- pentax-and-polaroids reblogged this from edmundemilkemper
- ladie-borderline reblogged this from edmundemilkemper
- dessavr reblogged this from edmundemilkemper
- astaisonfire reblogged this from edmundemilkemper
- magseyes reblogged this from edmundemilkemper and added:
- edmundemilkemper posted this